Tuesday, 10 January 2017

January 2017 // Days 1 - 7

Jan 1st. Day 1.
If you've been around for the last couple years, you'll know we usually take family portraits in the home studio every December 31st. However, this year my studio lights broke! They were probably over 6/7 years old so they lasted a while but it means we couldn't keep up with our tradition :( We decided today to make the most of the hour of light we get in the middle of the day and at least try to get some sort of family portrait. It's not good, but it'll have to do!

 Jan 2nd. Day 2.
Say hi to the first sky photo of this project! We had a semi-visible sunset for a change this evening.

Jan 3rd. Day 3.
I am so over the moon that this book is a part of my collection. Just look at those handsome men!! It's a very special book, filled with wonderful photos from Walt's younger years and right through his life. It just makes me wish I was born in the late 1800s / early 1900s even more...

Jan 4th. Day 4.
First time seeing my girls in 2017! Poor Tilly was freezing and not so happy but she was a good sport (after I lifted her into this spot and held a treat at camera level) and got a nice photo with her sister. Brook on the other hand, who is a typical, bouncy, crazy, fun-loving puppy, sat so well this time!

Jan 5th. Day 5.
First train spotting session of the year done!

Jan 6th. Day 6.
I spent the majority of the day moving furniture, deep cleaning and putting all my DVDs back onto the shelves in the correct order...which ate up a lot of my time so it's just a quick photo of my colourful 'big' books, today. They are waiting patiently for me to get a bookcase that fits them on.

Jan 7th. Day 7.
Yessss! Week one - done. And without missing a day ;) Off to a good start. Today Baker, Mam and I went for a walk and ended up at the garden centre as always. This is a World War 1 shell - that we pass on our way to and from there - from HMS Hood (''the last battlecruiser built for the Royal Navy. Commissioned in 1920, she was named after the 18th-century Admiral Samuel Hood'' as says Google) and given to the village by Commander Phipps-Hornby of Murton White House, Berwick. It's super cool but as it is set into the wall, I think many people miss it in passing.


3 comments:

  1. Aw I think the family portrait is really cute. Great tradition to have too.

    http://fourcatsplusus.co.uk - Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love the family portrait! It's gorgeous! I am totally doing this with Moxie when she gets here!!

    That shell is really awesome! It's quite cool that it's stuck in the wall, it lets it blend into the area a little more, but then, like you say, it probably gets overlooked.

    Can't wait to see another year of your 365 project... damn I am tempted to make a dog themed one haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, as always. The family portrait is great! I love that you do that every year, and tried to do it this year despite your lights breaking :) x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete