Thursday, 12 February 2015

February 2015 // Days 36 - 42

Feb 5th. Day 36.
Today saw the first ever Harry Potter Book Night, an event from the publishers, Bloomsbury, that I wasn't even aware of until reading Charlene's awesome post 9 Things You Didn't Know About Harry Potter. However, I dunno if you already know this about me but I literally read the whole Harry Potter series on a loop. It was a happy accident that I was up to the last chapter of 'The Order of the Phoenix' and documented the beginning of the end for this event.

Feb 6th. Day 37.
Seeing as I'm the 'girl with the camera', Mam and Dad asked me to pop up to theirs to photograph some stuff they are selling, of course where I go Baker goes and so after meeting his Granda (my Dad) from work we took the massive trek up to their house for the afternoon. We did what was needed, watched a movie on Netflix and had our dinner, all while Baker's 'I want to go home now' body clock was ticking. This is his 'please Mammy' face.


Feb 7th. Day 38.
This Saturday consisted of having breakfast out with Mam, walking Baker in a completely new spot and getting a text from Mam on her way home on the bus to check out the sky. I hung out our bedroom windows for quite a while trying to photograph the completely awesome sunset - but failed to convey just how crazy it was in person. Mother nature is beautiful.


Feb 8th. Day 39.
Lazy Sunday turned into Baker and I meeting my Mam and Dad for a walk along to Spittal. We popped into their 'local' for Dad to watch the Newcastle match. We almost made it to half time before Baker insisted on heading home and we had a lazy evening with Daddy!


Feb 9th. Day 40.
Last minute plans to meet Claire are the best. We headed to our new favorite beach and little man had an absolute blast. There weren't nearly as many birds today as there was last time but I got a few snaps. Look out for a blog post of our winter beach adventures over on my main blog in the coming weeks.

Feb 10th. Day 41. 
Well. After 3 days of chest pain I finally got myself so worried that I went to the doctors. I wouldn't usually, I hate going, but with a history of heart issues in the family I wanted to make sure it was nothing to worry about. Thankfully it's nothing to do with my heart and isn't even very serious, but my goodness is it painful! Thats my diagnoses on the card.

Feb 11th. Day 42.
With my recent 'scare' or not so much, as well as a weight gain of 2 stone over the past year or so, I really need to watch what I'm eating - especially my excessive intake of salt (seriously, I put it on everything).
Broccoli is one vegetable that I could live on. I love it! And think it looks so appealing with the rice and seasoning - mmmm.




12 comments:

  1. Love reading these posts in bed when I wake up! haha :D A lovely little snippet into your life. Although I really feel sorry for you being in such pain!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Jem!
      And I'll live haha, just thankful it wasnt something more serious.

      xo

      Delete
  2. You always take such gorgeous photos Danielle. I love that shot of Baker, he's such a cutie! Love the one of the beach too, nothing better than going and staking out the local wildlife during the colder months, you always see something interesting. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tasha, thats so sweet of you.
      And the beach is definitely our go to explore spot, well just now while I dony have a car anyways.

      xo

      Delete
  3. I love these posts of yours. The sky looks incredible btw. It's so nice to hear that you got to spend time with your family, baker as always is so handsome haha. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      It was an amazing sky, which the photo could convay the full effect
      Oh I speak to my parents everyday and see the a couple times a week at least haha. Making the most of living so close to them again.

      xo

      Delete
  4. Love all the pics of course but check out the beautiful sky and what is that on top of the telegraph pole ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Ah its one of them silly plastic owls that meant to keep away seagulls!

      xo

      Delete
  5. That pink sky is o pretty!! Such a gorgeous photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sunset slightly jelois I couldn't see it for myself lol :)

    ReplyDelete