Thursday, 29 January 2015

January 2015 // Days 22 - 28

Jan 22nd. Day 22.
This is Rowan, my lovely Zoologist friend who will be jetting off again shortly to a far off land and work with some amazing animals. We had a lovely catch up when she came into town for the day and I really enjoyed the fact that the beach was deserted minus us and the birds! Baker loved it.
You can check out her blog here. She blogged all about her time in South Africa last year and may even be blogging from Ecuador this year.

Jan 23rd. Day 23. 
The last item for my blog giveaway arrived yesterday so I took the opportunity to photograph the prizes all together and get the post ready. It went up on Monday and closes Sunday at midnight so if you want to enter head over and check it out!


 Jan 24th. Day 24.
Today was a good day. Since Nana has been diagnosed with Parkinson's it's very rare she gets to go out anywhere and she's been a member of the Spittal Variety Group for 30 odd years or something, so it was amazing to see her enjoy herself so much at this years Pantomime.

Jan 25th. Day 25.
Seeing as I was out all day yesterday I got to take part in the RSPB Big Garden Bird Watch this morning. Although I didn't really get any great photos I did have a great hour that whizzed by! I then spent the rest of the day cleaning, went out for a walk to meet Dad from the train station and sat down for some blogging. :)

Jan 26th. Day 26.
Monday. Jakes on night shift. A lonely, slow day for me. So I arranged last minute to meet up with Claire and have a little walk around the walls to get Baker and I out of the house. It was a pretty afternoon.

 Jan 27th. Day 27.
Red sky at night - shepherd's delight.

Jan 28th. Day 28.
It's starting to really annoy me that no matter what file type I save these in, they upload in shockingly bad quality, as well as my camera getting worse by the day. I really don't know what effects that part of the camera but it is especially bad in low light/high iso and like I've said the auto focus isn't quick right. Today after chores we had a lazy afternoon...in my usually blogging set up (at least when Jake is at work it is).



11 comments:

  1. I love the photo of the birds you got - really nice action shot - it looks like you got a nice variety! Also the shot of Baker is gorgeous, and that last one of the two of you together is adorable. I love these posts! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a lovely morning - surprised by the birds that we did and didn't get. He's my favorite model bless him, such a poser!
      Glad you like them :)

      xo

      Delete
  2. Danielle, I love, love, LOVE your photography. The Shepard's Delight sky is stunning, I'll never get tired of photos of Baker (he is just too like my dog at home who I miss like crazy), and the snap of the birds is really very nice, my dad would have loved to been there! Thanks for sharing these photos with us, I always enjoy looking through, I even have to get my boyfriend to admire them with me haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are far too sweet, thank you so much. Aww is he?? What is your dog called?
      I'd love to see the different birds you have near you.

      Thanks a lot Miriam, it means so much that you appreciate my photos and even take the time to comment.

      xo

      Delete
    2. His name is Toby, I think you saw a photo of him on my blog at one stage. You know, the birds here are STUNNING. I got my dad a book on the birds from this State, and I actually saw a couple of them, I try to take photos of them, but I am either too slow, or my camera won't zoom in enough, or both!

      Delete
  3. Don't you look adorable blogging on the sofa!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Even with no make up?! :P Thank you

      xo

      Delete
  4. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, if you feel like seeing what it's all about then check out my most recent post:)x

    makeupmusicandfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog layout looks amazing and Baker is so cute! Lovely read and great to read about your nana having a great day! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! Everyone seems to really like this layout...but it was just a quick fix to be honest haha.

      xo

      Delete