Wednesday, 6 August 2014

August // Week 31


First up, get in! Another red status bird under my collar! Say hello to my pair of juvenile Dunlins! From far away I though these guys were Curlew Sandpipers which upon researching are extremely similar but I'm pretty confident that they are actually Dunlins from the length of their beak. Just look how lovely their colouring is! They were rather friendly too and not too afraid of me getting within 5 feet or so to get this snap - Yey!

Secondly, sorry that alot of my recent photos are at the beach or include water...we do live in a very lovely coastal town after all and have been spending alot of time enjoying the summer, and that is when I been using my camera the most. I'm a little disappointing that I haven't been one of the lucky ones to spot the recent passing orca and dolphin pods though as there are apparently some bottle-nose dolphins, white beaked dolphins and killer whales along our coastline!

Lastly, I'm going to be switching up the layout/banner/design of this little space shortly and you may of spotted the URL change already. I want something that can identify this as my 2nd blog, the spin off of Underland to Wonderland as well as my photography page on Facebook Underland to Wonderland Photography (which you can feel free to give a like for a heck of alot more photos! ;P), so keep an eye out for the updates.
I also want to add a quick thank you and welcome to all my recent new followers as you have been joining more recently. I hope you're enjoying my 2014 weekly photo diary! Shall I go back to a project 365 for 2015...or keep up with the weekly posts??? I'd love to know your thoughts!




No comments:

Post a Comment